Home Hardware Southwest Limited (trading as Home Hardware) (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.homehardware.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Home Hardware, Southwest House, Upcott Avenue, Pottington Business Park, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 1NZ
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.homehardware.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a product, place an order on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, a password chosen by you and financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information: to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If at any stage you no longer wish us to use your data in this way, please advise us by ticking the ‘Unsubscribe’ box on our electronic communication;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information: to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Home Hardware Southwest Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored either on our secure servers or, in the case of financial and credit card information, on secure servers hosted by third party suppliers who have warranted to us that they are compliant with all applicable Data Protection legislation. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Data Protection Responsibility
Home Hardware Southwest Limited (Trading as Home Hardware) accepts responsibility as Data Controller for all information collected via this website.
Home Hardware is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. Until and including 24th May 2018 Data Protection Laws are set out in the Data Protection Act 1998. With effect from 25th of May 2018 data protection laws will be governed by the General Data Protection Regulation and relevant UK legislation.
At the time you register you are also asked at the bottom of the screen as to whether or not you want to be on a Home Hardware. The default setting is that you will not be put on the mailing list. If you choose to be put on the mailing list you may receive News and Offers from either Home Hardware or from the associated retailer through whose website you have entered this website.If, at a later stage, you wish to be removed from the Mailing List you simply have to e-mail us and we will take the necessary steps.
THE MAILING LIST INFORMATION WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE PASSED ON TO ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY.
Home Hardware does use temporary Cookies to track our customers use of the website. We use this information solely for the purpose of ensuring that the content of the website meets our customer's requirements.